Clerk Department 2nd Administration
Sobeys Inc. in Barrington Passage, NS
Requisition ID: 43304
Career Group: Store Careers
Job Category: Administration
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
City: Barrington Passage
Location: Sobeys - 323 (Barrington Passage)
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better. .
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Provide customers with friendly and professional service. Executes the required duties for all areas of the Administration Department by cross-training in as many areas as possible to allow for flexibility within the department. Areas of cross-training may include; Human Resources, clerical, store expenses, receiving, file maintenance, fresh inventory, and store audit processes. Execute duties with care and accuracy at all times. Actively contributes to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
Human Resources- Clerical
- Perform payroll and benefit functions
- Maintain Work Force Management records
- Assist with new hire process
- Assist with on-boarding of new employees
- Conduct food safety audits
- Conduct OH&S inspections
- Perform administrative duties while overseeing occupational and non-occupational disability clams
- Provide customer service to meet customer needs
- Prepare weekly/ monthly file maintenance updates
- Perform head office maintenance requests
- Maintain store signage, pricing, accuracy and product integrity
- Adhere to and implement all applicable company standards
- Provide store reports to departments as instructed by the Manager/ Administrator
- Perform clerical/ administrative functions as required
- Maintain and control receiving area
- Maintain safety and security policies
- Process incoming and out-going inventory
- Maintain external vendor relations
- Manage reclamation process
- Complete and record inventory count process for Fresh Departments
- Other inventory functions assigned by the Administration Manager
- Maintain SMART standards
- All other administrative duties as required
- Basic mathematical skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Above average communication skills (both oral and written
- Working knowledge of Kronos and SAP software
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of three months experience
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.