Labour Relations Consultant
Bell Aliant in Saint John, NB
Req Id: 142980
Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company's vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada's leading communications company, we're committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you're passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Corporate Groups offers best practice services to support the organization, including Finance, Legal & Regulatory, Brand, Corporate Services - including HR, Communications, Real Estate, Security and Procurement & Value Creation.
Labour Relations is seeking a results-oriented, strategic, creative and client-centric individual for a management specialist role in its corporate and strategic team. To succeed, the candidate will need to be a strong, experienced manager with excellent analysis and computer skills.
We are seeking one enthusiastic, innovative, and results-driven individual to provide LR business analysis, consult with leaders and HR on interpretation of agreements, maintain a positive working relationship with the union, and manage LR projects for Corporate Labour Relations.
More specifically, the consultant will:
- Provide support to all members of the LR team on various business related solution.
- Identify and partner with appropriate HR/LR Consultants and Union to ensure timely follow-up.
- Respond to requests for HR/LR information in a timely and accurate manner.
- Research LR bargaining related information as required.
- Demonstrate pro-activeness in identifying solutions to simplify, automate and improve processes and follow-ups.
- Analyze data and aggregate results into coherent and sophisticated reports to aid in management decision making.
- Leverage HR systems, including SAP to retrieve data for various reporting needs.
- Maintain an excellent working relationship with union.
- Work independently.
- Must have a strong results orientation and a track record of execution.
- Strong ability to analyze data & provide summary of analysis.
- Advanced skill level in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook (Able to synthesize information.
- Working knowledge of SAP is mandatory.
- Strong ability to understand business priorities, issues and people impacts.
- Demonstrated ability to create and build multiple partnerships.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills-must have excellent writing skills.
- Able to juggle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong critical thinking skills to offer innovative ideas to resolve issues
- 5 to 7 years working experience in human resources and/or labour relations environment
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Management
Job Location: Canada : New Brunswick : Saint John || Canada : Newfoundland : Mount Pearl || Canada : Nova Scotia : Bedford || Canada : Prince Edward Island : Charlottetown
Application Deadline: 07/27/2018
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Created: Canada , NB , Saint John