Security Manager and Emergency Measures Advisor
Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: Management and Non Bargaining
ZONE: Zone 5 - Restigouche
FACILITY: Campbellton Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Facilities Management and Security, as well as Emergency Measures
CLASSIFICATION: Security Manager and Emergency Measures Advisor
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: August 20, 2018
HOURS OF WORK:
8 hour day shifts
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Reporting to the Director of Risk Management and Regional Chief Privacy Officer, the incumbent acts as a resource person in activities related to management of emergency measures on the local level, in compliance with legislation, existing standards, and best practices. The incumbent ensures the integration of emergency measures practices and processes in collaboration with the Regional Emergency Measures Coordinator and the various organizations and partners concerned. He or she is a member of the on-call emergency measures team of the Network. Also, reporting to the Assistant Director of Facilities Management and Security, the incumbent acts as a contact with the contract provider of security services. He or she oversees the management of the following systems: keys, identification cards, access, and surveillance cameras. He or she is also responsible for developing policies and procedures for the Security Department. Finally, the incumbent is responsible for the management of parking lots. He or she also attends meetings about issues that may be contentious in order to mitigate risks.
- Bachelor in a discipline relevant to the position (health, administration, etc.); a combination of training and relevant experience may be considered;
- IAHSS security certification or equivalent training and experience;
- Emergency measures certification or equivalent training and experience;
- Three years of progressive experience in a relevant field, preferably in the area of health or emergency management;
- Experience responding to emergency situations;
- Experience managing security services, preferably in a hospital setting;
- Practical mind, critical thinking, analytical skills, and ability to summarize;
- Ability to mobilize the staff and partners to meet goals (leadership);
- Ability to cope with stress in emergency situations and to work for extended periods of time;
- Ability to ensure one's own development and that of others;
- Good understanding of adult education principles and ability to put them into practice;
- Good communication skills both orally and in writing;
- Ability to use Microsoft Office suite computer tools, such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc., and comfortable using information technologies;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by the Network.
Written and spoken knowledge of English and French is required.
*The classification of this position will be studied by the provincial classification committee.
Salary commensurate with provincial scale for management staff.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment