Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA)
BARGAINING UNIT : NBNU
ZONE : Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY : Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT : Child psychiatry with the possibility of being reassigned to Psychiatry (4B) and/or Mental Health
CLASSIFICATION : Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA)
STATUS : Permanent part-time
FTE : 0.8
ANTICIPATED START DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
12-hour shifts - Rotation
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
The child psychiatry registered nurse must participate in the preparation of the treatment plan for hospitalized child psychiatric patients in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team of child psychiatry. She acts as a pivot within the team, writing the treatment plan, sharing it with the staff in the care unit and ensuring respect for it. She will have to work closely with pediatrics and psychiatry. All her activities are supported by her clinical expertise in child care and pre-established criteria by the child psychiatry team. Assume any other related duties as required by the service.
- Member of the New Brunswick Nurses Association (NANB);
- Certificate in SIR (immediate care in intensive care) and maintain its certification;
- Certificate in "Nonviolent Interventions in Crisis Situations" or obtain it within six (6) months after obtaining the position;
- CNA Certificate in Psychiatric Nursing and Mental Health or Certification in Psychiatry / Mental Health or register and obtain within three (3) years of the date of the position;
- Experience and / or ability to work with clients under 18;
- Practical knowledge in computer science;
- Recognized skills for teaching beneficiaries;
- Recognized skills in organizing and managing assigned workload;
- R ecognized ability to function in a changing work environment;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment