Registered Nurse Class A (Permanent Full Time), Family Medicine/Restorative Health
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-33621 External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: Family Medicine/Restorative Health
FACILITY: Charlotte County Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: Registered Nurse Class A
CLASSIFICATION: RNCA Registered Nurse Class A
LANGUAGE: English Essential with requirements to handle verbal French inquiries
HOURS OF WORK: Rotating Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Statutory Holidays, TEMP August 6, 2018 to March 4, 2019. Subject to change due to operational requirements.
SALARY: $31.23 to $39.57 per hour (Subject to employment status)
A professional nurse is responsible for the total direct and/or indirect nursing care of a patient or group of patients. In some instances the staff nurse may assume responsibility for the management of a designated patient unit.
The nurse's ability to practice is dependent upon her education and experience. The beginning practitioner is expected to demonstrate progression in the development of skills and expertise. This progression must continue throughout her nursing career.
- Active member of N.A.N.B.
- Satisfactory personal references
- Physically and mentally able to perform assigned duties
- Current C.P.R. Certificate
- Current I.V. therapy certificate
- Satisfactory employment record
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English and spoken competence in French required.
- Carries out the initial nursing assessment and history of the patient and begins a plan of care.
- Continually assesses the patient to determine patient care needs and modifies the plan of care accordingly.
- Applies scientific principles in administration of nursing care.
- Carries out therapeutic measures as prescribed by a physician.
- Communicates and consults with physicians and other health care professionals when indicated.
- Recognizes the need for interpretation of nursing and medical care and participates in the interpretation to the patient and his family.
- Continuously evaluates the outcomes of nursing care and modifies nursing measures and approaches accordingly.
- Maintains appropriate records of observations made, nursing care given and patient's responses.
- Assigns, directs and supervises other professional and auxiliary members of the nursing team.
- Assists in the evaluation of other personnel.
- Utilizes resources within the hospital and in the community in meeting the care and educational needs of patients and their families.
- Participates in educational activities and programs for patients, staff and students.
- Participates in the orientation of new personnel.
- Serves on departmental and related committees.
- Interprets nursing department and hospital policies to patients, families and visitors.
- May be responsible as nurse in charge in the absence of the Head Nurse.
- When assigned to CODE team, be responsible for checking emergency equipment and medications.
- May be assigned to ambulance duty, when required.
- Maintain knowledge of current nursing practice through participation in internal and external educational services.
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by July 18, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018-33621-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.