Registered Nurse Class A (Temporary Part Time), 2 East - Obstetrics & Nursery
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-33419 External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
DEPARTMENT: 2 East - Obstetrics & Nursery
FACILITY: Miramichi Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Temporary Part Time
JOB TITLE: Registered Nurse Class A
CLASSIFICATION: RNCA Registered Nurse Class A
LANGUAGE: English Essential with requirements to handle verbal French inquiries
HOURS OF WORK: Rotating Days, Evenings, FTE: 0.4, TEMP: September 28, 2018 to March 28, 2020. Subject to change due to operational requirements.
SALARY: $31.23 to $39.57 per hour (Subject to employment status)
Participate in the planning, implementing, and evaluating of total Nursing Care to meet the individual needs of Women and Children in accordance with the vision, mission and values of Horizon Health Network Miramichi Area.
- Current registration with NANB.
- Successful completion of Basic Cardiac Life Support and recertified yearly as a condition of employment.
- Certified in IV Therapy and CVAD in compliance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Certified in Neonatal Resuscitation Program.
- Certified in 20 hour Breast Feeding course.
- Certified in Fetal Health Surveillance in Labour or willing to obtain within six months.
- Two years' experience in Labour & Delivery/Maternity.
- Proof of up to date Immunization status.
- Escorts patients requiring ambulance transfers to another facility.
- Must be willing to cross train to Pediatrics.
- Demonstrated adherence to legislation and MRHA Confidentiality Policy to ensure all patients, business, financial and employee information is accessed on a need to know basis.
- Patient Safety is a critical aspect of quality healthcare. Successful candidates must be accountable for creating a culture of safety, working as a team, communicating effectively and responding to adverse events.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position. Must be capable of working 12-hour shifts, days and nights, holidays and weekends throughout the year.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English and spoken competence in French required.
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by July 18, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018-33419-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.