Inbound Logistics Coordinator
Sobeys Inc. in Stellarton, NS
Requisition ID: 42648
Career Group: Corporate Careers
Job Category: Operations
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: Foord St. Office
Postal Code: b2g3a3
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better. .
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Sobeys is full of exciting opportunities and we are always looking for bright new talent to join our team! We currently have a full-time opportunity for an Inbound Logistics Coordinator to join our Logistics team based out of our office in Stellarton, NS.
What you'll get to do in this fast paced role:
Maintain on-going operations within the logistics area of category management services. Initiate and develop new agreements with vendors and carriers to increase inbound freight profitability, sales, and margin.
- Communicate with vendors and carriers
- Initiate inbound freight negotiations with vendors
- Basic revenue and expense accounting
- Process freight invoices and cheques
- Arrange freight for seasonal vendors
- Provide ad-hoc logistical analysis
- Perform other administrative duties as required
What your resume will include and demonstrate to us:
- Related Post Secondary education preferred or relevant experience
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written)
- Previous transportation experience
- Understanding of inbound/outbound transportation logistics
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Experience with a transportation tracking system
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you're the most qualified applicant for the role.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Profit Sharing Plan (based on company performance)
- Pension plan
- Flexible health and dental benefits plan (eligible employees)
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.