Occupational Therapist 1 (OT01)
Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : SHCP
ZONE : Zone 5 - Restigouche
FACILITY : Restigouche Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT : Correctional Transition
CLASSIFICATION : Occupational Therapist 1 (OT01)
STATUS : Permanent full-time
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED START DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
Variable rotation - Mainly day shifts
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
Under the responsibility of the program manager, in addition to providing clinical services to clientele with physical or mental needs, the case manager supports the clients assigned to them in their recovery. Interventions are accomplished with the interdisciplinary team members as well as professional consulting services, the medical profession and community members. He/she provides comprehensive care for the client - from admission, through discharge planning to community integration - by developing interdisciplinary plans with the participation of the client and those relatives close to him. The case manager also has the clinical responsibility to guide attendants and / or case manager assistants under him/her with intervention methods and choices.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree of Science in Occupational Therapy or equivalent approved by the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists ;
- Member in good standing of the New Brunswick Association of Occupational Therapists;
- Member in good standing of the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists (Note: For OEQ members - transfer your right to practice to NB without having to take the National Occupational Therapy Certification exam) ;
- Initiative, self-motivation, sound judgement, organizational skills and good interpersonal relations;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physically able to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment