Technical Lead Halifax
J.D. Irving, Limited - IT Division in Multiple Locations
Halifax City, NS | Halifax Regional Municipality, NS | Halifax, NS
Technical Lead Halifax
J.D. Irving, Limited, Information Technology Division is where collaborative, energetic and naturally curious people, excited about the customer experience, the internet of things, data, mobility and innovative solutions, come together to work together.
If this sounds like you, then please keep reading!
The IT Division is a strategic enabler leading the digital transformation of our diverse group of companies. With over 270 employees centralized in Saint John, Dieppe and Halifax, w e offer our people the opportunity to engage in innovative projects delivering business value in a diverse environment .
Our IT team is proud to hire people with diverse skill sets and backgrounds. We invest in continuous professional growth through strong career development and training programs. As a key member of our team, your coworkers will be among the best in the Maritimes - that's why JDI.
We have an exciting full-time opportunity for an experienced Technical Lead that will play a pivotal role in enabling quality support and service to the J.D. Irving, Ltd. group of companies.
- Coordination and delivery of a diverse set of infrastructure initiatives and enhancements aligned to a specific set of business within JDI
- As a pivotal touch point between the customer and IT, you will be expected to blend your capabilities, other internal resources and third party skillsets to get the job done on time with high quality
- As a leader, you are a collaborative member of the team that coaches others to achieve goals and targets
- Handle small technical SR's
- Manage some technical work required for larger projects
- Post-secondary Degree, Trade Certification or Associate's Degree with a technical relevance
- 5-10 years' experience
- 2-5 years' experience as a Technical Team Lead
- Planning, prioritization and attention to detail
- Analytical problem-solver
- Well-organized to deliver to deadlines
- Persuasive and collaborative
- Customer service mindset with a high level of attention on delivering a quality service
- High energy with the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Ability to travel with some local travel requirements (primarily within the province)
- Excellent and customer focused communication skills while building a professional relationship with end users
- Physical ability to complete setups and deployment of computer equipment
- Technologies including network, server, end user devices
- Knowledge of facilities requirements such as cabling, power, racking and cooling
- End user computing devices such desktop, laptops, handhelds, printing, meeting rooms, telephony
- Technical support processes such as ITSM and ITIL
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Please be advised that some positions have been designated as 'Safety Sensitive' where the employee holding the position has a heightened responsibility for his/her own safety or the safety of others due to the nature of the job. If this is the case, you will be informed in the interview process
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.