Permanent Full Time
Medavie Health Services New Brunswick is the subsidiary of Medavie Health Services responsible for the optimal operation and management of EM/ANB, an integrated, service-led primary health care organization. People are the biggest drivers of our success, and we are excited to continue building a healthier New Brunswick together. As the management company for Ambulance New Brunswick and the Extra-Mural Program, we're looking for a Financial Analyst to help support our growing operation which provides exemplary, highly coordinated primary health care in the right place, from the right provider, at the right time.
Medavie Health Services is part of Medavie, a health services organization. Together with Medavie Blue Cross, we are committed to providing innovative solutions that will improve the health of all Canadians.
As a not-for-profit organization, Medavie is proud to commit an annual social dividend to the Medavie Health Foundation to support programs and initiatives aimed at addressing some of our country's most pressing physical and mental health care challenges.
Located in Moncton, the Financial Analyst will be responsible for maintaining accurate accounting information for the Company. Reporting to the Accounting Supervisor, the incumbent's primary responsibility will be to maintain and audit all accounts and expenditures.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- preparing account reconciliations, journal entries to account for the Company's activities and participating in the financial reporting activities on a monthly basis;
- running monthly financial, budget and analytical reports;
- identifying possible errors by comparing actual results to budgets and prior periods and investigating & reallocating transactions as required;
- meeting with managers to discuss financial results:
- financial projects as assigned
As the ideal candidate for this role, you:
- possess a post-secondary education in business with a concentration in accounting;
- have experience working in an accounting department dealing with financial reporting and accounting would be considered an asset;
- have experience with all aspects of financial statement preparation;
- must have strong technical abilities, be proficient in spreadsheet preparation and be comfortable in a computerized accounting environment;
- are a detail oriented and self-motivated individual with strong organizational abilities and;
- use a positive and creative approach to problem solving;
- possess good communication skills.
Bilingualism is an asset for this position.
If you are interested in working with a dynamic team of professionals and possess the necessary qualifications, please send your resume with cover letter to email@example.com. Please include the competition number in the file name along with your first and last name.
Please indicate in your application the reason you are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
Competition closes July 29, 2018.
No phone calls please. We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Medavie Health Services New Brunswick is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.