Manager - Physician Wellness Service
New Brunswick Medical Society
Part-time / Full-time / Contract will be considered
Based in the provincial capital, the New Brunswick Medical Society (NBMS) is the voice of the medical profession in New Brunswick, providing province-wide representation and advocacy for physicians in New Brunswick. As the provincial division of the Canadian Medical Association, the NBMS exists to represent physicians and advocate for the health of New Brunswickers.
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Services, the Manager - Physician Wellness Service provides education, clinical support, assistance and advocacy to and for physicians throughout the Province of New Brunswick.
Who are you?
- You have proven success in fields of mental health and wellness with a minimum of 10 years experience.
- You have related post-secondary education in a clinical field (eg. psychiatric nursing, social work, clinical psychology).
- You have knowledge of and experience in case management.
- You have the ability to independently create networks, partnerships with clinical community supports/stakeholders such as Physicians, providers, Medical Schools, RHA's and the College of Physicians and Surgeons.
- You have the knowledge and ability to lead effective educational sessions.
- You are recognized for your attention to detail, critical thinking, organizational skills, and ability to prioritize deliverables.
- You have a good understanding of advocacy strategies and tactics.
- You possess an in-depth knowledge of the clinical and community supports available in New Brunswick to aid in providing support to and assistance to Physicians and their families.
- You are reliable, discrete, and conscientious.
- You effectively contribute fresh ideas and innovative solutions for your organization and clients.
- You value a positive work culture and comradery with your colleagues.
- You work hard and are fun to be around.
As the Manager of Physician Wellness Service, you will play an important role impacting the health and wellness of physicians as you:
- Provide clinical intervention for Physicians in terms of triage, assessment, treatment, monitoring, counselling/coaching, case management, advocacy and referral to community and EFAP Services.
- Provide staff support, leadership and guidance to the Physician Wellness committee.
- Pursue and develop collaborative relationships with external stakeholders / agencies which support the well-being of physicians and physicians in training.
- Provide advice, support and advocacy on behalf of students, residents and physicians undergoing investigation or review by external agencies. This includes a sound understanding of the investigative processes and the ability to maintain collaborative relationships during conflictual situations.
- Participate in the development of strategic NBMS initiatives that promote the objectives of the Physician Wellness Service.
- Autonomously develop educational and interventional initiative / programs which address health and wellness concerns for students, residents, physicians and their family members.
- Written and spoken competence in both official languages is essential.
What can the New Brunswick Medical Society offer you?
- A comprehensive benefits package which includes paid vacation, health and dental plan, life insurance, long-term disability plan, and a matching RRSP contribution plan.
- A positive and inclusive work culture.
- Career growth and development and continuous learning opportunities.
How to apply?
- Candidates are required to demonstrate on their application how, when and where they have acquired the qualifications and skills required for this position.
- As part of the application process, an interview in both official languages and a writing sample may be required.
- Please send cover letter and resume in chronological order to Lisa LePage, Director of Corporate Services at the New Brunswick medical Society email@example.com by August 10th, 2018.
- Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.