Sobeys Inc. in Halifax City, NS
Sobeys Queen Street is looking for a few new Cashiers!
The Cashier is responsible for carrying out the full range of duties of the position in a professional, responsible, accurate and timely fashion. The Cashier will provide customers with friendly and professional service; and will process customer orders in an efficient manner. The Cashier will ensure accurate cash-handling procedures at all times through company practices, and actively contribute to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
- Provide customer service to meet customer needs
- Process customer transactions
- Maintain an accurate cash drawer while following company policies and procedures
- Operates Customer Service Desk following all procedures for lottery sales, refunds, bottle returns and inquiries as required
- Participates in the training of junior staff
- Maintain Front End Department Merchandise the Front End Department
- Assist other departments and functions as required
- Adhere to, and implement all applicable company standards
- Other duties as required
- Basic mathematical skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
We are looking for a few new cashiers!
These positions will include day, evening and weekend shifts. We are looking for some open availibilties as well as some students who will be looking to stay on for 2 or 3 shifts a week come the fall semester.
Evening shifts may require working until 10pm, 11pm or 12am.