Autocue, CTV Atlantic, Bell Media
Bell Aliant in Halifax City, NS
Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief inour company's vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada's leading communications company, we're committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you're passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Bell Media is Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio and digital media, including CTV - Canada's #1 television network, and the country's most-watched specialty channels. It is a critical component of Bell's commitment to leverage strategic investments in broadband networks to offer Canadians the best available content on any of the four screens they choose: television, smartphone, tablet and computer.
Reference # : 201781
Location: CTV Atlantic - 2885 Robie Street, Halifax, NS
Salary: Teamsters 927, Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Hours of Work: Part-time. As Required. Overtime as required. (Weekends, early mornings, and evenings as required)
This position is responsible for assisting in the preparation and coordination of elements for live broadcasts under the direction of the show Producer and / or Director. Duties include:
- Load and operate teleprompter for recorded segments and live broadcasts.
- Write/produce voiceovers, vosot's, sotvo's as required for Morning News from evening reports.
- Write Weather Watcher scripts.
- Print scripts and rundowns for news programs.
- Research stories for broadcast.
- Production assistant training and duties as required.
- Other duties as required.
- Post-secondary education in Broadcasting, Journalism or equivalent
- Strong organizational skills
- Accuracy, including timing, spelling and other content elements
- Ability to be accurate under the pressure of live programming
- Keen attention to detail
- Experience with iNews is a definite asset
- Must be a team player who can work well under pressure, meet deadlines
- Previous work experience in a live broadcast environment is an asset
- Previous control room experience is a definite asset
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Union
Job Location: Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax
Application Deadline: 06/20/2018
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Created: Canada , NS , Halifax