Competition Number EM18287
Classification Name Liaison Nurse
Position Title Liaison Nurse
Classification Code RNCA
Bargaining Unit NBNU
Unit Location Driscoll (Moncton)
Status Full Time Temporary
Full Time Equivalent 1.0
Hours Of Work 0800hr to 1600hr, Monday to Friday. Subject to change du to operational requirements.
Anticipated Start Date July 2, 2018
Anticipated End Date September 30, 2019
Salary Range As per collective agreement
Language Requirement Written and spoken competence in English is required.
Closing Date June 28th, 2018
To lead transitional care planning between hospital and home, reduce inappropriate admission to hospital by arranging for home and community services, inform and educate hospital personnel of both the scope and the limitations of the program, engage patients and caregivers in care planning, provide information to patients and their caregivers, and arrange for necessary services and equipment prior to discharge from a hospital facility.
Required qualifications and other job requirements:
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing;
- Active registration with the Nurses Association of New Brunswick;
- Minimum of five (5) years clinical nursing experience in home healthcare and experience working in acute care.
- Knowledge of the target population of Extra-Mural Services and available community services;
- Must have a valid New Brunswick Class 5 Driver's License and good driving record (proof required);
- Submit a valid and clean criminal record check;
- Have a current CPR Level C certification that has been issued in the last 12 months;
- Must demonstrate the ability to use computer tools such as Microsoft Office suite ( Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and various Meditech software applications and have an understanding of workload measurement system;
- Must demonstrate the ability to work efficiently as a member of the team and possess leadership and coaching skills, strong interpersonal skills, good judgment and decision making skills;
- Must be able to work all shifts as assigned, maintaining a good attendance record;
- Must have a high regard for confidentiality; and
- Must have excellent work habits and have a professional appearance.
If you are interested in working with a dynamic team of professionals and possess the necessary qualifications, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
EM/ANB Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.