Social Worker 1 (Temporary Part Time), Addiction & Mental Health Services Sussex
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-33248 External
BARGAINING UNIT: SHCP
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: Addiction & Mental Health Services Sussex
FACILITY: Sussex Mental Health Services
POSTING TYPE: Temporary Part Time
JOB TITLE: Social Worker 1
CLASSIFICATION: Social Worker 1 (SW01)
LANGUAGE: English Essential with requirements to handle verbal French inquiries
HOURS OF WORK: Days, TEMP: July 6, 2018 to June, 21, 2019. FTE: 0.5, Subject to change due to operational requirements.
SALARY: $27.6706 to $37.6272 per hour (Subject to employment status)
The Social Worker - Addictions and Mental Health, is responsible for working within an interdisciplinary team to provide a full range of social work services to clients, their families, and communities
- University degree in Social Work. Must be registered and a member in good standing with the New Brunswick Association of Social Workers. Experience would be an asset.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English and spoken competence in French required.
The Social Worker - Addictions and Mental Health is responsible for:
- Assessing clients and developing and implementing treatment plans
- Developing and facilitating therapeutic interventions for individuals and groups
- Coordinating services and advocating for clients
- Providing emergency/crises intervention/stabilization services
- Participating in interdisciplinary care planning
- Maintaining clinical records and documentation
- Building relationships with critical stakeholders in government and the community
- Responding to community needs (including schools and other populations/groups) and participating in capacity building initiatives
Competencies identified by Horizon Health Network:
- Group Facilitation
- Interpersonal Relations
- Patient/Client Focus
- Problem Solving
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by June 27, 2018,
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018-33248-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.