Emergency Medical Dispatcher
When was the last time you made a real difference in the lives of New Brunswickers? We do. Every day.
Our Emergency Medical Dispatchers (EMD) are communications specialists who respond to 911 calls for help in medical emergencies. At the other end of the line, they quickly and calmly analyze every situation and provide lifesaving instructions to callers while the ambulance is on its way.
Located at our communications centre in Moncton, our EMDs dispatch paramedics responding to emergency calls - providing them with patient condition updates and other important information in real time.
As an Emergency Medical Dispatcher, you will evaluate and prioritize requests in a consistent manner and allocate resources to meet the needs of the patients and the medical facilities, as well as:
- Receive and process incoming emergency and non-emergency telephone requests for service;
- Confirm incoming information from callers and input data into a computer;
- Provide pre-arrival instruction over the telephone;
- Deploy available ambulance resources to maintain maximum response performance;
- Direct ambulances to appropriate hospital destinations;
- Efficiently operate console equipment including multi-line telephone, radio and computer-aided dispatch equipment;
- Follow established standard operating protocols and procedures; and,
- Complete appropriate documentation as required.
Successful applicants should be:
- Bilingual professionals
- Dependable multi-taskers
- Caring problem solvers
- Team players who operate well under pressure
- Empathetic critical thinkers
- Customer service ambassadors
- Physically and mentally able to work 12 hour rotating shifts in a dynamic 24/7 environment
As the ideal candidate for this role, you:
- Possess advanced knowledge of the geography of New Brunswick;
- Have accurate keyboarding skills and are familiar with Windows computer environment;
- Have the ability to quickly and independently make immediate and logical decisions and take appropriate action in a complex dynamic environment;
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal communications skills to deal with the public, allied agency personnel and co-workers;
- Demonstrate the ability to transfer learned skills into practical, real-time application
- Successfully complete the EMD Selection Process. The Selection Process consists of a comprehensive assessment to determine your level of qualification to work for our organization. See our Website for full details at https://ambulancenb.ca/en/careers/emergency-medical-dispatcher/
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 24, 2018
How to Apply:
Do you have what it takes? Submit your application: email@example.com. No phone calls please.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest.
Ambulance New Brunswick is an equal opportunity employer.