IT - Desktop Administrator
Medavie Health Services New Brunswick is the subsidiary of Medavie Health Services responsible for the optimal operation and management of EM/ANB, an integrated, service-led primary health care organization. People are the biggest drivers of our success, and we are excited to continue to building a healthier New Brunswick together. As the management company for Ambulance New Brunswick and the Extra-Mural Program, we're looking for an IT - Desktop Administrator to help us ensure patients receive exemplary, highly coordinated primary health care in the right place, from the right provider, at the right time.
Medavie Health Services is part of Medavie, a health services organization. Together with Medavie Blue Cross, we are committed to providing innovative solutions that will improve the health of all Canadians.
As a not-for-profit organization, Medavie is proud to commit an annual social dividend to the Medavie Health Foundation to support programs and initiatives aimed at addressing some of our country's most pressing physical and mental health coverage.
Located in Moncton, the IT - Desktop Administrator will provide user support and customer service on company supported computer applications and platforms. Reporting to the Manager, Information Technology the incumbent will troubleshoot problems and advise on the appropriate action as part of the Service Delivery team.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- responding to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone and electronically using remote support tools;
- diagnosing and resolving technical hardware and software issues with desktop, laptop and ruggedized PCs as well as Smartphones (Blackberries) and Ipads;
- troubleshooting using available information resources and advising user on appropriate action as well as documenting resolutions;
- identifying and escalating situations requiring urgent attention to Tier III level support as appropriate;
- following standard help desk procedures including adhering to and meeting SLA objectives;
- creating and using PC builds and images of laptops and desktops to roll-out and repair PCs;
- Assisting with monthly service delivery statistics;
- Account creation and security change requests;
- carryout and documenting daily system checks;
- Purchasing equipment and software through approved vendors.
- Performing other such similar, comparable or related duties as may be required or assigned.
As an ideal candidate for this role, you:
- have a minimum of two years related work experience;
- possess a working knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant software, hardware and other equipment including printers, Active Directory, IP Protocol, VPN's, VoIP phones, remote desktop, VNC, MS Office Suite, Windows Deployment Sever;
- knowledge of incident tracking applications such as Front Range is considered an asset;
- have proven and effective customer service skills;
- have demonstrated problem solving, organizational and execution skills along with good interpersonal skills and the ability to manage cross-organizational projects and work with minimal supervision.
Bilingualism would be considered an asset for this position. Travel may be required.
If you are interested in working with a dynamic team of professionals and possess the necessary qualifications, please send your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the competition number in the file name along with your first and last name.
Competition closes June 24th, 2018.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Medavie Health Services New Brunswick is an equal opportunity employer.