Sobeys Inc. in Stellarton, NS
Requisition ID: 42204
Career Group: Corporate Careers
Job Category: Merchandising
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: National Office (Foord 1)
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better. .
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Sobeys is full of exciting opportunities and we are always looking for bright new talent to join our team! We currently have a full-time opportunity for a Plan-o-grams Coordinator to join our Merchandising department based out of our office in Stellarton, NS.
What you'll get to do in this fast paced role:
- Analyze sales data for plan-o-gram layout and planning and provide feedback where required
- Maintain a store by store database of plan-o-grams and store layouts
- Provide input into store layouts for new stores and for renovations to existing stores
- Facilitate plan-o-gram execution
- Maintain knowledge of current industry trends
- Manage inquiries related to plan-o-grams
- Maintain plan-o-gram execution schedule
- Compile reline compliance recap from sites and/or third party execution teams
- Update SharePoint site with current plan-o-grams
- Focus on continuous improvement on task completion and efficiency
- Manage generic inbox inquiries
- Coordinate test store plan-o-gram implementation
- Maintain and share rolling list of new and discontinued items
- Facilitate billings for third party services
- Facilitate billings for suppliers
What your resume will include and demonstrate to us:
- Related Merchandising and space management experience
- Experience in the retail grocery business
- Working knowledge of SAP, SAS, and CMA preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written
- Experience with space management and software including SpaceMan, Apollo, and Intactix preferred
- Complete understanding of category management strategies, processes, procedures, standards, and policies
- Ability to work independently and within a team in a fast paced environment
- Ability to self-motivate
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you're the most qualified applicant for the role.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Profit Sharing Plan (based on company performance)
- Pension plan
- Flexible health and dental benefits plan (eligible employees)
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.