Pharmacy Store Manager
Sobeys Inc. in Lewisporte, NL
Requisition ID: 35637
Career Group: Pharmacy Careers
Job Category: Retail - Pharmacist
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Newfoundland and Labrador (CA-NL)
Location: Lawtons - 125 (Lewisporte)
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better. .
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
We have a current opportunity for a full-time permanent Pharmacy Store Manager with Lawtons Drugs, based in Lewisporte, Newfoundland.
The Store/Pharmacy Manager will support the strategic direction and vision of Lawtons Drugs for the store. Responsibilities include coaching and developing the store team to provide superior customer service and shopping experiences. As the Store/Pharmacy Manager you will participate in professional programs as directed by Pharmacy Services Specialists to provide excellence in health & wellness services to all patients. Actively contributes to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
- Create a coaching and development culture for all store employees, which embraces a passion for health and wellness
- Manage direct reports including: selection, orientation, training and development, performance management, succession planning and compensation
- Provide leadership, superior judgment, decision making, and commitment to the pharmacy team
- Provide support and feedback to Front Store Manager in overall store management
- Ensure the communication of operational requirements/changes and store vision to all employees
- Responsible to adequately staff the pharmacy at all times through effective and flexible scheduling
- Responsible to ensure efficient operation of the business to achieve all financial targets and deliver on budgeted Key Performance Indicators
- Manage pharmacy expenses, review and provide feedback on total store expenses, sales and profitability
- Work with Front Store Manager to identify and capitalize on opportunities within store/market
- Exceeds customer expectations
- Acknowledge customers promptly and professionally
- Demonstrate warmth, empathy, and compassion towards the customer
- Provide superior customer service to every customer
- Role model, coach, and reinforce customer service expectations on a daily basis for all staff
- Create a shopping experience that engages your customers in a way that enhances loyalty, sales, and profit
- Understand and respond to local market needs and competition
Patient Focused Care
- Focus is on clinical services (i.e. disease state mgmt, medication reviews, health risk assessments)
- Prescription safety prioritizing technical functions to Pharmacy Assistants when available
- Initiate care plans, follow up, and document
- Collect relevant patient, drug and disease information
- Identification of actual and potential drug related problems
- Monitor medication adherence
- Provide patient counselling for new therapy and determine patients understanding as to why they are taking the medication
- Tailor counselling to the needs and concerns of the patient i.e. literacy, hearing loss, privacy, etc.
- Responsible for understanding all PROfile offerings and providing each customer with the program that meets their health needs
- Responsible for ensuring that OH&S, and other regulatory requirements and procedures are implemented and maintained
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy from a recognized institution
- Licensed to practice pharmacy in the applicable province or be eligible for licensure
- Minimum of at least 1 year experience as a Pharmacist, additional experience preferred
- Member in good standing with the applicable Regulatory Bodies
- Injection Certification
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Solid leadership, teamwork, and customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to lead a team within a fast paced environment to meet strict deadlines
- Previous experience in management and financial responsibilities within a retail and/or retail pharmacy setting is preferred
- Ability to work daytime, evening, and weekend shifts
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.