JDI Finance has over 200 accounting professionals who provide accounting and reporting, business analysis and transactional services to the seven different operating divisions of J.D. Irving, Limited. It is an organization of dedicated financial professionals offering many careers paths within finance and also beyond in the various J.D. Irving, Limited businesses. We are currently looking for progressive and highly self-motivated individuals to join our team in the role of Cost Accountant in our JDI Finance Division, located in Saint John, NB. Qualifications:
J. D. Irving, Limited is a large diversified conglomerate based in Saint John, New Brunswick with over 15,000 employees. We are looking for an innovative individual to join our team as a Cost Accountant.
- Post-secondary education in finance or accounting
- A professional accounting designation CGA, CMA, CA, CPA is considered an asset
- 2-5 years of accounting experience in a manufacturing environment with understanding of cost accounting and financial reporting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel, Access and Power Point)
- Familiarity with JD Edwards would be considered an asset
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage conflict and work effectively in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- A proven track record of being pro-active, taking initiative and working independently
- Provide financial insight to site management team
- Participate in meetings and projects to optimize financial operations
- Ensuring adherence to GAAP
- Complete period end processing and weekly reporting
- Prepare financial reporting package
- Evaluate, analyze, and investigate both financial and manufacturing variances
- Ensure inventory controls and appropriate testing
- Assist in developing new product/standard costing
- Assist in the preparation of the plant's annual budget by the analyst
- Participate in cost saving projects and capital project justifications
- Identify improvements for accounting processes
- Other duties as assigned
- At JDI you will be rewarded with a competitive benefit and salary package as well as the opportunity to take part in job related training and development.
- You will be given the opportunity to grow and develop in your current role as well as being able to progress within the division and entire company.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.