Medical Device Reprocessing Technician (Casual), MEDICAL DEVICE REPROCESSING
** REPOST **
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-32711a External
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: MEDICAL DEVICE REPROCESSING
FACILITY: Saint John Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Casual
JOB TITLE: Medical Device Reprocessing Technician
CLASSIFICATION: Medical Device Reprocessing (2070)
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: CASUAL - Rotating Days, Evenings, Nights, Subject to change due to operational requirements.
SALARY: $19.1069 to $20.5669 per hour (Subject to Employment Status may be paid at 90% of the indicated rate as per CUPE collective agreement article 6.08 a)
The Medical Device Reprocessing Technician is responsible for providing clean/disinfected and sterile medical devices for safe patient care.
- High school graduation or equivalent.
- Canadian Standards Association certification OR completion of an education program that meets the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) requirements for recognition followed by certification as soon as a minimum of five hundred (500) hours work experience in medical device reprocessing is acquired.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English required
The Medical Device Reprocessing Technician is responsible for:
- Collection, cleaning, decontamination, reprocessing and delivery of medical devices.
- Maintaining safe, clean working environment.
- Inventory management, ordering and restocking supplies used in process of reprocessing.
Competencies identified by Horizon Health Network:
- Attention to Detail
- Interpersonal Relations
- Patient/Client Focus
- Planning & Prioritizing Work
- Results Orientation
- Stress Management
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by June 20, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018-32711a-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.