Deskside Support Technician
Service New Brunswick
Deskside Support Technician
Pay Band 2
Service New Brunswick is seeking individuals to join the Technology Services Division as a Deskside Support Technician in Fredericton.
As a member of the Client Services team, you will be responsible to ensure proper computer operation to enable end users to accomplish business tasks.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Determining the urgency, prioritize and schedule problems/tasks or escalate where necessary
- Recording, tracking and documenting the problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken through to final resolution
- Performing hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications
- Performing preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals
- Testing fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate must possess a two (2) year program at the community college level in computer technology or in a relevant discipline.
Subject to the response to this competition, an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered, or the required years of experience may be increased.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please state your language capability on your application and ensure that preferred language for assessment is clearly identified.
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to candidates who demonstrate they have training or experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience with basic computer hardware
- Experience with Windows desktop
- Extensive application support experience
- Experience with a range of diagnostic utilities
- Experience in a health-care environment
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
Some weekday evenings and weekend work hours may be required.
Candidates will be required to undergo Criminal History Clearance prior to appointment.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioral competencies:
- Analytical Thinking/Judgment
- Client Service Orientation
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Teamwork and Cooperation
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Specialized Subject Matter Expertise and Knowledge
Resumes should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
Salary : $40,170 - $56,082 annually - Pay Band 2 - Management and Non-Union Pay Plan
We encourage applicants to apply on-line at www.ere.gnb.ca or by email at HR-RH@snb.ca by June 25, 2018 indicating competition number 2018-SNB-260. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!