Shannex Incorporated has been in business since 1988 and is a leader in seniors' accommodation, service and care in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Ontario. Currently operating four retirement living campuses in New Brunswick, we are continuing to grow with the addition of a new campus in Moncton – Faubourg du Mascaret, our first French language campus.
Located on Université de Moncton's land in Moncton, New Brunswick, this campus will offer a full continuum of services including Lifestyle apartments, Hospitality and Wellness, Assisted Living and Nursing Home service lines.
We are recruiting a leader to join our team who will be responsible for delivering service and care that reflects our organizational values. If you are a client-focused, results oriented, trusted and collaborative leader who wants to be part of a dynamic team - we want to hear from you.
We are pleased to offer the following exciting new opportunity:
Located in Moncton, NB and reporting to the Chef as a part of the Culinary Team, the Cook is responsible for planning & preparing meals for clients residing in all service lines including: Lifestyle, Wellness, Assisted Living, and Nursing Home. The Cook is also responsible for the receiving and inventory of food supplies as well as ensuring safety and sanitation standards are met.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Consistently ensures food quality, presentation, and service delivery meet established department standards. Ensures meals are attractive, the correct temperature and portion size, and that service is timely.
- Follows production sheets to guide food preparation and assist with cost control.
- Assists with preparation of food for special functions e.g. catering, theme dinners to ensure service meets established standards.
- Familiarizes self with the specific needs of each client e.g. diet restrictions, allergies and special requests/accommodations.
- Ensures completion of required documentation e.g. inventory counts, food and equipment temperature and cleaning checklists, security / lock-up checklists as required.
- Assists with the process for checking and receiving of deliveries and inventory control. Ensures all supplies are stored, labelled, and rotated properly.
- Completes department audit activities as required.
- Participates in the client and employee incident reporting and investigation process as required.
- Processes pots, pans, and dishware and maintains sanitation dishwasher and dish sinks according to established cleaning guidelines as required.
- Follows disposal procedures according to established waste management guidelines for organics, paper, plastics, cans/bottles, non-recyclable material, etc.
- Reports dish breakage and follows the procedure for disposal.
- Reports areas and equipment in need of repair to the maintenance department.
- Ensures kitchen appearance meets established standards for cleanliness and organization.
- High School diploma or equivalent education;
- Minimum of 5 years cooking experience;
- Red Seal Journeyman's papers preferred;
- Basic food safety training or other recognized food safety certification;
- experience in a long term care or retirement living environment preferred.
“Great People Striving for Great Things” is one of the pillars of our Strategic Plan. Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for employees where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our staff are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package and attractive benefits plan.
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career and make your mark in a rapidly growing organization, please apply at www.shannex.com
All applicants will be kept in strict confidence.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted