Faubourg du Mascaret is Shannex's first French language retirement living campus. Located on Université de Moncton's land in Moncton, New Brunswick, this campus will offer a full continuum of services including Lifestyle apartments, Hospitality and Wellness, Assisted Living and Nursing Home service lines.
The future is bright at Shannex. Currently operating four retirement living campuses in New Brunswick, we are continuing to grow with the addition of a new campus in Moncton. To support this growth, we are recruiting individuals who will deliver service and care that reflects our organizational values of Clients First, Improving Quality, Trusted Partnerships and Being Accountable.
We are pleased to offer the following exciting new opportunity:
Part Time Permanent
As part of a facility management team, and reporting to the Site Manager, the Staffing & Scheduling Assistant ensures all scheduling and staffing requirements for the campus are met on a continual basis.
The incumbent acts as a liaison between the management and the staff to facilitate proper staffing levels and schedules. This positions works closely with the Workforce Coordinator and Payroll Administrative Coordinator to ensure quality service delivery.
- Schedules Employees in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of Employment and Shannex company policies;
- Allocates and calls in relief staff to fill vacancies resulting immediate book offs, planned and unplanned leaves and staffing changes;
- Continually works to ensure staffing levels meet operational requirements and established guidelines;
- Keeps accurate records of agency staff used for billing purposes;
- Creates and maintains schedules to ensure accuracy within timelines;
- Maintains the integrity of the information contained in the Scheduling software system, Kronos;
- Recommends and implements process and system improvements;
- Investigates inquiries related to grievances;
- Follows the process for leaves and time off requests;
- Writes detailed documentation of incidents and follows up with Supervisor;
- Follows safety, environmental and infection control practices as per facility policies;
- Other related duties as required;
- Must be willing to work shift work including on-call and weekend shifts as necessary.
Education / Experience:
- Undergraduate Degree or Diploma preferred;
- Previous experience in scheduling / staffing an asset;
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Works well under deadlines and pressure;
- Ability to read and write in the French & English language;
- Works and communicates with internal and external clients and customers to meet their needs in a polite, courteous, and cooperative manner;
- Displays a high level of initiative, effort and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently;
- Works with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrates responsible behaviour and attention to detail;
- Responds appropriately to supervision. Follows policies and cooperates with supervisors/managers;
- Expresses information to individuals or groups effectively;
- Listens to others and responds appropriately.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, attractive benefits plan, on –site parking, and flexible scheduling.
All applicants will be kept in strict confidence.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career and make your mark in a rapidly growing organization please apply.
“Great People Striving for Great Things” is one of the pillars of our Strategic Plan. Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for employees where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our staff are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life.