Director, Access to Information
Director, Access to Information
Pay Band 7
The Treasury Board's Office of the Chief Information Officer has a career opportunity for a Director, Access to Information to work in support of a centralized Information Access and Privacy Services Unit. Join our dynamic, progressive team of information and privacy professionals in an environment in which you can learn, grow, create and support innovative strategies to help the Government of New Brunswick (GNB) deliver on its new transformational business objectives.
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, the Director, Access to Information Program oversees a corporate access to information program that develops, maintains and implements a framework of policies, practices, governance and oversight to support public bodies in upholding legislated rights of access to information while protecting privacy.
Specific key responsibilities will include:
- Provide comprehensive and strategic policy advice, subject matter expertise that considers creative solutions to achieve government priorities, consistent program management and leadership on access to information.
- Lead, inspire and support a team of capable and competent professionals in the information access and privacy disciplines to deliver excellent service to client departments, stakeholders and citizens in support of timely and proactive disclosure of information.
- Provide expert advice, direction, coordination, negotiation, and mediation on complex and controversial access to information issues affecting government, including access to information requests under RTIPPA involving external parties.
- Monitor and report on government's compliance with obligations related to access to information legislation, policies and practices.
- Ensure the effective management of human and financial resources by setting and evaluating staff performance targets, promoting diversity and a healthy workplace, demonstrating the leadership competencies, respecting corporate human resources practices, promoting team work and individual development, maintaining internal communication, monitoring revenues and expenditures, and accurately forecasting budget requirements for the fiscal year.
- Collaborate with Federal, Provincial, and Territorial teams, to align as appropriate and to share strategies, policy, and thought leadership.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's Degree in the Information and Communication Studies, Information Sciences, BBA, LLB or a related field and a minimum of seven (7) years of related experience.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to candidates that possess one or more of the following asset qualifications:
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioral competencies: Strategic Thinking, Integrity, Client Service Orientation, Effective Interactive Communication, Relationship/Network Building, Organizational Commitment, Results Orientation, Team Leadership and Developing Others.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies: Specialized Subject Matter Expertise and Knowledge of RTIPPA; Policy Development; Applicable Departments Legislation; Written Communications; and Conflict Management Practices.
Resumes should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
Salary: $2,954 to $3,573 bi-weekly.
Interested applicants are to apply on-line at www.ere.gnb.ca by June 21, 2018 indicating competition number: 18-TB-15.
Human Resources Services Phone:
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
As per the Civil Service Act, candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!