Manager Tax Accounting
Department of Finance
Revenue Administration Division
Manager Tax Accounting
Pay Band 5
The Revenue Administration Division at the Department of Finance is seeking an individual to join the Account Management Branch as Manager of Tax Accounting, working in Fredericton.
Reporting to the Director of Account Management, the Manager of Tax Accounting will have the following responsibilities:
- Oversee the preparation and verification of financial transactions, including month-end reconciliations and adjustments
- Working closely with the Manager of Revenue Accounting to provide advice on the state of revenues, provisions and reserves contributing to accurate budget projections and cash flow expectations
- Accountable for processing property tax payments, approving tax refunds/tax rebates and administering various other tax programs and credits
- Analyze, design and implement new administrative procedures, guidelines and standards to embrace Government's corporate vision, implementing new programs relating to tax and/or tax credits as announced in accordance with government's and the department's strategic direction.
- Report on the results of the areas of responsibility to Divisional Senior Management.
- Ensure new policies and procedures are adhered to, processes meet financial reporting standards as set out in GAAP ensuring that issues are identified and addressed as they arise
- Respond to inquiries from the general public in relation to diverse programs and reporting requirements under numerous tax statutes and regulations.
- Provide a leadership role and manage staff through performance reviews, assignment of work, establishment of expectations, coaching and recommending development and training, including working with staff to establish work plans that ensure strategic plans and priorities are being met
- Supervision of a team of fourteen staff members.'
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates must possess: Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Commerce or a related degree, with a minimum of 5 years of related work experience in a financial/business environment that should include at least 2-3 years of recent management experience.
Experience with Microsoft Office Suite is essential.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required. Please state your language capability.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Résumé should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioural competencies: Analytical Thinking, Developing Others, Effective Interactive Communication, Organizational Commitment, Results Orientation, Team Leadership.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies: Human Resource Management, Planning and Organizational Skills, Written Communication, Knowledge of Accounting and Financial Principles.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we promote a scent-reduced environment.
Salary: $2,120 to $2,962 bi-weekly
We encourage applicants to apply on-line at www.ere.gnb.ca by June 20, 2018, indicating competition number: 18-FIN-08.
Human Resources Services
Phone: (506) 453-5204
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
As per the Civil Service Act, candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!