Clerk Department 2nd Front End
Sobeys Inc. in Halifax City, NS
Requisition ID: 42532
Career Group: Store Careers
Job Category: N/A
Travel Requirements: 10 - 20%
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: 0881 Halifax Shop Annex Sobeys
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better. .
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Responsible to support the front end manager in the overall operation of the front end department including providing management and leadership to Front End staff . Ensure operational excellence in retail merchandising, inventory management, and customer relations. Work closely with the Front End Manager to coach and develop the team to provide superior customer service and shopping experiences through execution of strategy, customized for the local market while achieving budgeted financial results. Actively contributes to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
- Create a coaching and development culture for all department employees, which embraces a passion for food
- Manage department personnel which includes scheduling, recruitment, performance management and training
- Responsible for ensuring the communication of operational requirements/changes to front-end department employees
- Create a shopping experience that engages customers in a way that enhances loyalty, sales and profit
- Provide customer service to meet customer needs
- Merchandises front end racks and fixtures along with ordering of product
- Order and maintain inventory
- Process and resolve customer concerns and requests
- Execute winning conditions
- Execute SMART Initiatives
- Ensure all applicable company policies and procedures are communicated and adhered
- Responsible for ensuring that OH&S, Food Safety, and other regulatory requirements and procedures, are implemented and maintained
- Perform department administrative duties as required
- Responsible for ensuring efficient operation of the department to achieve all financial targets and deliver on budgeted KPIs
- Balance cash office according to company policies and procedures
- Perform negative tracking procedures through Navistor
- Identify and correct cash discrepancies
- Perform payroll functions
- Personal/ Professional Development
- Thoroughly understand all relevant company programs, attend training as required
- Maintain knowledge of current industry trends
- Employee Engagement
- Be known as the employer of choice by actively supporting an environment of employee engagement
- Coordinate maintenance of department equipment and repairs
- Provide feedback for continuous improvement
- As requested by company
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Above average communication skills (oral and written)
- Full knowledge of department operations and skills
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Full knowledge of total store operations and skills
- High school diploma
- Minimum of 18 months of experience working in the front-end department
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.