Sobeys Inc. in Springdale, NL
Requisition ID: 42551
Career Group: Store Management
Job Category: Retail - Store
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Newfoundland and Labrador (CA-NL)
Location: No Location
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better. .
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
We are currently seeking a commissioned Needs Franchisee for a location in Springdale, NL.
The Franchisee will provide and communicate the strategic direction and vision of the store. The Franchisee will manage all facets of store operations and ensure operational excellence in retail merchandising, inventory management, employee engagement, and customer engagement and relations. The Franchisee will coach and develop the store team to provide superior customer service and shopping experiences schieved through execution of strategy, cutstomized for the local market in an engaging working environment, while achieving budgeted financial results.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Creating a culture of coaching and development for all store employees;
- Total store talent management including recruitment, succession planning, orientation, training, performance management and compensation;
- Ensuring the communication of operational requirements;
- Understanding and responding to local market needs and competition;
- Ensuring superior execution of the retail commercial program;
- Ensuring community presence
- Creating a shopping experience that engages customers in a way that enhances loyalty, sales, and profit.
- Ensuring that OH&S, food safety and other regulatory requirements and procedures are implemented and maintained
- Above average oral and written communication skills
- Full knowledge of retail operations and skills throughout the store
- Proficient use of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of Retail POS systems
- High School Diploma
- Three to Five years experience as a Retail Manager
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.