In Canada, more than 8,000 of our people foster innovation every day because we know that our future world will be vastly different from today. Our reach includes environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources. Through our Future Ready initiative, we bring clarity and vision to some of Canada's most complex challenges and opportunities.
The excellence we bring to our work and to work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Corporate Knights' Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned ReNew Canada's Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects . In 2018, LinkedIn ranked us number 7 on their Top Companies list .
At WSP , we see the future more clearly and design for it today - we put innovation, and the highest ethical standards and professionalism at the centre of all we do. Find out what we have to offer.
WSP is currently seeking a Land Surveyor to join our Geomatics Group, located at our Saskatoon office. Reporting to the Geomatics manager, t he successful candidate would be a Saskatchewan Land Surveyor, with excellent communication, organizational, and management skills combined with several years of progressive experience in the provision of geomatics services and the management of geomatics projects for municipal, oil & gas, engineering, transportation or construction applications.
- Develop strong client relationships, manage client expectations and ensure project deliverables, schedules and budget objectives are met;
- Work with other managers to supervise, co-ordinate, schedule and review the activities of field and office staff;
- Mentor and train staff;
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and service;
- Participate in and promote the WSP safety program; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years professional experience in land surveying at the senior technical or supervisory level.
- Oversee drafting and plan preparation.
- Excellent communication, organization, and technical skills.
- Commitment to promoting strong communication amongst other office locations within WSP.
- Commitment to outstanding service quality
- Ensure all EH& S policies and procedures are understood and followed.
- Positive and professional with all internal and external clients.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
To learn more about our firm and the projects we have been involved in, please visit our World of Possibilities microsite.
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.