Analyst, Business Intelligence, Finance
Bell Aliant in Halifax City, NS
Bell is a truly Canadian company with a 138 year track record of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company's vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada's leading communications company, we're committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you're passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Includes corporate and operational finance, internal teams support, the controllers group, internal audit and risk advisory services, taxation, treasury, corporate strategy and mergers and acquisitions.
The Finance team supports the operational effectiveness of the company. The team is involved in analyzing financial figures, metrics and system and process issues to support major decisions within the business. The key groups within the Finance team include corporate and operational finance, internal teams support, the controllers group, internal audit and risk advisory services, taxation, treasury, corporate strategy and mergers and acquisitions.
Bell Finance Advanced Analytics is a newly formed team focused on utilizing finance and operational data, business intelligence and advanced analytics technologies to help support and catalyze Bell's finance and business operations.
Interested in growing your career with Canada's largest telecommunications company and wondering if this may be the perfect role for you? Ask yourself the following questions:
Are you looking for an opportunity to grow your knowledge and expertise in business intelligence and analytics technologies?
Are you excited by the opportunity to grow your career with one of Canada's most recognized brands where you will be surrounded by other experts in their field?
If you answered an enthusiastic yes!
Then we have an exciting opportunity for you! We are committed to being the destination of choice for hiring and developing top talent in our field.
As a Solutions Specialist you will deliver solutions that improve Finance Operations' efficiencies and insights. Using your technical, Business Intelligence and Finance skills, you will build tools to improve speed and accuracy in our reporting and generate insights that will allow Finance Operations to analyze, predict and optimize business results.
In particular, you will create solutions that combine, transform, analyze, share and catalyze consumption of financial results and related performance KPIs. The ideal candidate will merge their technical, business and creative skills to obtain information and insight from the large amount of data stored within our data environment. An interest in testing and learning various software tools, models, media and design will be beneficial as you continually look for new ways to glean key insights from the data, display results, and engage the stakeholder community with relevant solutions. You have the personal skills, creativity and drive to build your own prototype solutions and to provide training and guidance to team members and partners.
This unique position will expose you to the finance, marketing and information technology fields. Various technologies will enable you to gather and share valuable information allowing us to better evaluate operational strategies while at the same time, from a finance perspective, allowing us to determine potential impact on future financial results. Working individually and as a team, you will provide accurate and useful information to the appropriate audiences. The opportunity to communicate and work with employees from across the company will provide excellent networking opportunities.
Responsibilities may include:
- Understanding Financial Analysts' processes and needs to deliver technology solutions
- Use a variety of tools to organize, manipulate, and analyze the data stored in the enterprise data warehouse in order to provide valuable information and solutions to various customers
- Conceptualize and deliver new innovative ways to deliver and display information
- Create models and methods to help forecast activity and develop an understanding of the impacts this activity may have on financial results
- Develop and explore analytical model (predictive) and infrastructures
- Work with Analytics partners to help shape and drive the development of Finance Operations Analytics, contributing to the development of the team's tools, skills, culture and engagement
- Identify trends and developments occurring in certain markets or with certain products
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, other technical qualification, or equivalent practical experience
- An understanding of databases and data management systems: Teradata, Oracle, SAS, Hadoop (Cloudera), SQL etc.
- Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, macros, etc.) and VBA
- Strong business acumen and interest in/aptitude for technology
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Familiarity with programming languages, data analytics, statistical methods is highly recommended
- SQL (Oracle), ODBC or other database-related technologies
- Familiarity with SAP data structures and capabilities
- An understanding of Micro Strategy or Tableau information portals
- Professional Accounting Designation
- Consulting experience (internal or external)
- Knowledge of SAP finance systems with knowledge of standard finance processes
- Knowledge of analytical tools and technologies (e.g. Tableau, Microstrategy, SAS, Cognos)
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Management
Job Location: Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Application Deadline: 06/22/2018
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Created: Canada , NS , Halifax