Analyst, Income Tax
Sobeys Inc. in Stellarton, NS
Requisition ID: 42027
Career Group: Corporate Careers
Job Category: Administration
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: King Street
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better. .
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Sobeys is full of exciting opportunities and we are always looking for bright new talent to join our team! We have a full-time opportunity for an Analyst, Income Tax to join our National Finance department based out of our office in Stellarton, NS.
What you'll get to do in this fast paced role:
- Prepare and file income tax returns for Sobeys Inc. and its subsidiaries including related payments of taxes
- Prepare supporting schedules and working papers related to the filing of income tax returns
- Prepare income tax, capital tax, and future tax working papers in compliance with GAAP
- Provide income tax support for all functional departments
- Ensure effective communication with all impacted parties including National Accounting Services, National Finance and Regional Functional Finance Leads
What your resume will include and demonstrate to us:
- Relevant post secondary education (Diploma or Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, etc.)
- 1-3 years relevant experience in Accounting/Finance
- Income tax knowledge and experience
- Strong computer skills; Proficient use of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in a team driven environment
- Aptitude for understanding new technologies
- Proven time management, organization, prioritization, and multi tasking skills
- Excellent customer service skills coupled with an understanding of the National tax commitment to meet and exceed service levels
- Ability to anticipate issues and recommend appropriate actions
- Independent and self-motivated
- Integrity and adherence to standards, policy, and procedures
- Detail-oriented with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a deadline driven environment
- Knowledge of SAP
- French (spoken/written) considered an asset
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you're the most qualified applicant for the role.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Profit Sharing Plan (based on company performance)
- Pension plan
- Flexible health and dental benefits plan (eligible employees)
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.