Manager, Income Tax
Sobeys Inc. in Stellarton, NS
Requisition ID: 42024
Career Group: Corporate Careers
Job Category: Administration
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: King Street
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better. .
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Sobeys is full of exciting opportunities and we are always looking for bright new talent to join our team! We have a full-time opportunity for a Manager, Income Tax to join our National Finance department. This position has the option to be based out of Stellarton, NS or Halifax, NS.
What you'll get to do in this fast paced role:
- Prepare and/or review T2 returns
- Assist with CRA audit processes and related assessments
- Liaise with various internal Finance Teams to ensure compliance with income tax regulations
- Provide advice and recommendations regarding income tax compliance to various internal Finance teams, including changing business needs, reorganizations, and new lines of business
- Assist with income tax planning strategies and work with other functional teams to ensure that outcomes are successful
- Estimate and reconcile necessary income tax installments
- Provide assistance in reconciling and reviewing income tax payable, capital tax payable, future income tax working papers, and related external disclosures
- Prepare quarterly and annual current and deferred income tax provisions
- Prepare and review:
- effective tax rate analyses
- forecasted effective tax rate
- reconciliation of current taxes payable and deferred tax accounts
- calculation and tracking of tax attributes
- valuation allowances
- tax reserves, and;
- deferred tax liabilities
- Identify and recommend best practices and planning opportunities regarding deferred tax accounting
What your resume will include and demonstrate to us:
- Undergraduate degree in Business/Accounting/Finance
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the area of income taxation and deferred tax accounting
- CPA designation required
- Strong knowledge of Canadian income tax legislation
- Enrollment in/completion of CICA in depth tax course
- Diversified accounting background
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (particularly Excel and PowerPoint)
- Good working knowledge of SAP and SAPBW preferred
- Aptitude for understanding new technologies
- Excellent Analytical skills
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong ability to influence others
- Ability to create a team working environment
- Ability to balance conflicting demands
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you're the most qualified applicant for the role.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Profit Sharing Plan (based on company performance)
- Pension plan
- Flexible health and dental benefits plan (eligible employees)
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.