Painter (Permanent Full Time), Dech Bldg Maintenance
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-32821 External
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
DEPARTMENT: Dech Bldg Maintenance
FACILITY: Dr. Everett Chalmers Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: Painter
CLASSIFICATION: Painter (2046)
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Days, Evenings, Nights, Rotating Weekends, Statutory Holidays, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $22.1811 to $23.8758 per hour
The Painter is responsible for performing painting work at the journeyman level.
- Must hold a Provincial Certificate of Qualification issued under the Apprenticeship and Occupational Certification Act as a painter. Must have two years of experience.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English required
The Painter is responsible for:
- Planning work and estimating time and materials
- Repairing or preparing surfaces for painting
- Finishing drywall including crackfilling and sanding
- Applying finishing, wall coverings and paint
- Removing flooring, preparing subfloors and installing tiles
- Refinishing furniture
- Painting and lettering signs
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by June 17, 2018
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time
Please quote Competition # 2018-32821-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.