RNCA (Permanent Part Time), 4AN
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2017-29476b External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
ZONE: Saint John
FACILITY: Saint John Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Part Time
JOB TITLE: RNCA
CLASSIFICATION: RNCA Registered Nurse Class A
LANGUAGE: English Essential with requirements to handle verbal French inquiries
HOURS OF WORK: Days, Evenings, Nights, Rotating Weekends, Statutory Holidays, FTE: 0.65 , Subject to change due to operational requirements.
SALARY: $31.07 to $39.37 per hour
Provision of Nursing Care to meet the individual patient's needs by utilizing the nursing process.
- Current registration with the Nurses Association of New Brunswick (NANB)
- Recent work experience with the Geriatric population and patients
- with physical and mental health disabilities
- Excellent understanding of and the ability to implement the Nursing Process
- Ability to perform Charge Nurse duties and responsibilities
- Successful completion of or agreement to complete the Senior
- Population Specialized Care Course (formerly NICHE)
- Ability to perform the duties of the position
- Good work record
- Good attendance record and ability to attend work as scheduled
- High regard for confidentiality and advocacy for patients
- Demonstrates competency within the RN scope of practice
- Ability to work as a member of the interdisciplinary health care team
- Demonstrates initiative, good judgment and the ability to set priorities
- Effective communication skills with patients, families and the public
- Current CPR certification
- Completion of annual recertification requirements i.e. CPR, WHMIS, etc. and willingness to participate in ongoing educational opportunities
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English and spoken competence in French is required.
- Assesses the health care needs of patients including patients assigned to nonprofessional staff.
- Identifies patient needs and problems utilizing an assessment tool.
- Identifies needs effecting discharge planning and potential services required at home.
- Formulates objectives specific to the patient needs.
- Provides health teaching, counselling, health promotion to individuals or groups.
- Provides nursing care required to achieve the patient's desired outcomes.
- Evaluates outcomes of nursing actions for further assessment and planning.
- Utilizes effective communication skills to achieve a helping relationship.
- Supports new employees during orientation.
- Directs and supervises non-professional staff.
- Interacts with the nursing department in identifying, planning, implementing and evaluating changes.
- Demonstrates initiative for personal professional development.
- Participates in programs promoting quality improvement on nursing unit.
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by June 24, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time
Please quote Competition # 2017-29476b-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.