Nurse Manager (Temporary Full Time), SJRH RS DETOX RIDGEWOOD
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-32510a External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: SJRH RS DETOX RIDGEWOOD
FACILITY: Ridgewood Addiction Treatment Centre,Ridgewood Detox, Rehab, and Lone Water Farm.
POSTING TYPE: Temporary Full Time
JOB TITLE: Nurse Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Registered Nurse Class Manager (RNCMA)
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Days, TEMP: June 29, 2018 to May 3, 2019, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $37.38 to $45.49 per hour (Subject to employment status)
This is advanced professional nursing work in planning, organizing, directing / implementing and evaluating a program, including the efficient management of staff and nursing service within the assigned field(s). This position is also responsible for ensuring that established standards of care and established standards of practice are followed. Work involves responsibility for providing lead direction in a clinic / health centre or on an assigned unit (s) / geographic location(s); for the management of staff, financial resources, equipment and supplies, development, coordination and implementation of quality health care services.
Work is performed with independence and initiative within the scope of professional nursing practice guidelines.
- Nurse with current registration in province of New Brunswick.
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing.
- Progressive nursing experience in which leadership ability and competency in management has been well demonstrated.
- Minimum 3-5 years progressive management experience.
- Minimum 3 years of Addiction/Mental Health experience.
- Demonstrates team philosophy and values.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, staff, physicians, and the general public.
- Demonstrates management competencies - leadership, managing resources, superior
- communication skills, sound judgment, and decision making.
- Analytical, systems oriented. Demonstrates an ability to identify and solve problems, use initiative and sound judgment to reach quality decisions.
- Demonstrates clear ability to express self verbally and in written form.
- Demonstrates clear ability to produce quality, health business documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver top performance in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
- Committed to continuous professional development.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English required.
- It is expected that the Manager utilizes a high level of prioritization and time management skills, while performing a broad range of the listed Horizon Health Network core management competencies during daily work. Work responsibilities may change as necessary to achieve the strategic goals of Horizon Health Network.
- The area of responsibility is currently the Detoxification Unit with potential to expand to other Addiction/Mental Health Services.
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by June 24, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time
Please quote Competition # 2018-32510a-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.