Nursing Unit Clerk (Casual), Nursing Office
**Courtesy Posting Only**
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2016-21204a External
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
DEPARTMENT: Nursing Office
FACILITY: The Moncton Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Casual
JOB TITLE: Nursing Unit Clerk
CLASSIFICATION: Nursing Unit Clerk (1027)
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: CASUAL - Rotating Days, Evenings, Subject to change due to operational requirements.
SALARY: $21.3691 to $23.0018 per hour (Subject to Employment Status may be paid at 90% of the indicated rate as per CUPE collective agreement article 6.08 a)
The Nursing Unit Clerk is responsible for providing administrative support to the nursing unit.
- High school graduation and an administrative support program of greater than one year and up to two years duration which includes medical terminology plus one year of related experience OR five (5) years of recent experience (within the last 8 years) as a 1027, shall be considered as equivalent.
- Demonstrated proficiency, verified by testing, may be required in some or all of the following areas: typing, data entry, Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, outlook, medical terminology, at intermediate level
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English required
The Nursing Unit Clerk is responsible for:
- Performing reception duties including directing calls and responding to inquiries
- Processing admissions and coordinating transfers and discharges
- Entering physician' orders and scheduling appointments
- Entering, retrieving and compiling information and data
- Assembling, maintaining and forwarding charts
- Creating, editing and formatting documents, forms and reports
- Performing general office duties
Competencies identified by Horizon Health Network:
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
- Interpersonal Relations
- Patient/Client Focus
- Planning and Prioritizing Work
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by June 24, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time
Please quote Competition # 2016-21204 -External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.