Addiction and Mental Health Nurse (Permanent Full Time), MHSJ Adult LT CATT
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-33074 External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: MHSJ Adult LT CATT
FACILITY: Saint John Mental Health Services (may be required to work at other sites).
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: Addiction and Mental Health Nurse
CLASSIFICATION: RNCA Registered Nurse Class A
LANGUAGE: Bilingual Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Days, Occasional Evenings, Subject to change due to operational requirements.
SALARY: $31.07 to $39.37 per hour
The mental health nurse will work within a multi-disciplinary team to carry out a full range of mental health services to a) acute and short term clients who have a psychiatric disorder or situational crisis and also b) clients presenting with serious and persistent mental illness.
Duties include providing assessment, case management, individual, group, and family interventions, counseling, treatment, liaison with community agencies and other professionals, consultation with various community resources, and education. The mental health nurse will also be expected to provide discipline-specific expertise to the team as appropriate. This position requires the exercise of sound professional judgment, initiative and the ability to work well with other systems.
- Bachelor of Nursing with one year work experience in the mental health field or a certificate in mental health and 3 years of mental health experience. Direct experience working with the above client group preferred. Active registration with the Nurses Association of New Brunswick.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English and French required.
- Establishes a therapeutic relationship with the client as the primary basis for all services and develops and maintains a client centered individual assessment with the client's goals in mind.
- Development and implementation of individualized treatment plans and coordination of services for clients.
- Provision of consultation to other health professionals when appropriate.
- Provision of emergency/crisis intervention/stabilization services
- Prepares and manages reports, clinical files, and other documentation including electronic files and databases.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with clients, co-workers, community and volunteer agencies, other government departments and health care professionals.
- Develops and facilitates therapeutic group activities for clients and/or family members when appropriate.
- Participates in educational services, planning, program development and policy recommendations.
- Participates in case conferences and team meetings with open, transparent sharing of information, Has a strong sense of collaboration and teamwork.
- Demonstrates a sound knowledge of mental health assessment skills.
- Demonstrates a desire and ability to participate in client/family teaching.
- Excellent communication, documentation and interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with clients, families, team members and the community.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Ability to problem solve and make effective decisions during emergency situations.
- Proven ability to work positively, effectively, and cooperatively with an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated leadership, team building and problem solving skills with an outstanding client centered approach.
- Valid New Brunswick Driver's license and the ability to travel throughout the health region.
- Reliability and personal suitability must be demonstrated through your employment record and references.
- Recent criminal record check.
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by June 20, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018-33074-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.