Public Health Promoter
Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : Non-bargaining
ZONE : To be determined
FACILITY : To be determined
DEPARTMENT: Public Health
CLASSIFICATION: Public Health Promoter
STATUS: Permanent full-time
HOURS OF WORK:
Day shifts - Monday to Friday
Possitility of evenings and weekends
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
ANTICIPATED START DATE: June 25, 2018
JOB SUMMARY :
Reporting to the Director of Public Health, the Health Promoter will analyse health issues or problems and supply analysis and specialized advice based on theory, relevant data, and experience related to managing the issue or problem with a solid combination of health promotion strategies. The position will involve organizational, community, and staff development; strategy development; partnership building; and health project and information management.
- Bachelor's degree in health sciences or social sciences and at least five years of experience in the community sector or;
- Master's degree in Public health or community health or graduate studies in health promotion and at least three years of experience;
- Training and experience showing aptitudes and skills in the following priority fields:
- Knowledge and aptitudes in health promotion;
- Evaluation of situations in collaboration with communities;
- Planning implementation of health promotion programs;
- Development of advocacy policies and activities;
- Community mobilization and capacity building;
- Building and maintenance of partnerships and collaboration;
- Effective communication with community members and other professionals;
- Diversity and inclusion (individuals, populations, communities);
- Leadership and organization capacity building.
- Commitment to take BLS (basic life support) training and maintain certification;
- Commitment to take, within a fixed timeframe, the designated modules of the Skills Enhancement for Public Health Program of the Public Health Agency of Canada;
- Computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Good organizational and prioritization skills and efficient management of time and work;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Ease in building and maintaining good interpersonal relations;
- Integrity, critical thinking, creativity, flexibility, and ability to adapt to change;
- Ability to travel within the Network and the province as needed;
- Valid driver's licence;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set forth by the Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
The salary commensurates with provincial scale for management staff.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment