Supervisor Customer Service
Sobeys Inc. in Halifax, NS
Requisition ID: 42245
Career Group: Store Careers
Job Category: Retail - Pharmacy
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: 128 Clayton Park Lawtons
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better. .
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
The Assistant Supervisor of Customer Service will ensure superior customer service by coaching and developing a friendly, well trained staff whose focus is customer service. The Assistant Supervisor provide support and leadership to all CSA's and will be responsible for all cash office functions in the absence of the Supervisor Customer Service. The ASCS actively contributes to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
- Provide customer service excellence to meet customer needs
- Supervise and provide support to CSA's
- Thoroughly understand all relevant company programs
- Adhere and implement all applicable company policies
- Balance cash according to company policies
- Identify and correct cash discrepancies
- Perform cash and administrative duties as required
- Maintain an accurate cash drawer while following company policies and procedures
- When required may be responsible for management of keys and secure lock up of store
- Adhere to and implement all applicable company standards
- Other duties as required by management
- Above average communication skills (both oral and written)
- Basic mathematical skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Full knowledge of Front Store operations and programs
- Proficient use of Chainware and POS
- High school diploma
- 1 year cashier experience
- Available days, evenings, and weekends
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.