Audit Principal, Financial Audit Team
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve. The Office of the Auditor General has an Employment Equity Policy and we welcome applications from Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible People, Persons with Disabilities, and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify, on either your covering letter, or your resume.
The Office of the Auditor General serves the Nova Scotia House of Assembly and the people of Nova Scotia. Our vision is to be a relevant, valued and independent audit office serving the public interest as the House of Assembly's primary source of assurance on government performance. The Office accomplishes this through the conduct of financial and performance audits of government departments and agencies, as well as entities which receive funding from the government. The promotion of excellence and a professional and supportive workplace are an Office priority and key to our success. For more information on the Office, please visit www.oag-ns.ca.
The Office is looking to fill an Audit Principal position on its Financial Audit Team. This position directly reports to the Assistant Auditor General, Financial Audit Team.
As an Audit Principal, you will be responsible for leading audits and reviewing engagements in accordance with Canadian Auditing Standards and legislation. In addition, you will supervise and coach other professional staff and will be responsible for managing a portfolio of audits and participating in Office management. You will also be required to perform Engagement Quality Control Reviews in accordance with professional standards and Office policy. As an Audit Principal, you will be responsible for managing relationships with the audited entities from the initial planning stages, through audit delivery and evaluation of the audit process and relationship. Limited travel within Nova Scotia may be required.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation;
- A minimum of 5 years progressively responsible post designation experience leading financial statement audits;
- In-depth knowledge of CAS, PSAS, IFRS;
- Highly proficient in use of MS Office Suite. Knowledge of SAP and IBM Notes is an asset;
- A proven ability to lead all phases of complex assignments and meet professional standards, time budgets and deadlines is essential;
- Extensive experience preparing written reports for senior and executive management;
- Experience in presenting to boards, as well as senior and executive management;
- Proven track record in developing and managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders; and
- Proven strong leadership abilities and skills, including the mentoring, coaching and motivating professional staff.
CLASSIFICATION: EC 13
SALARY RANGE: $83,456 - $104,320
We offer a healthy work-life balance (i.e., earned days off program, work-from-home policy, flexible working hours), comprehensive benefits package, opportunity to work on a wide variety of impactful and unique projects, and professional development opportunities.
An offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks and confirmation of credentials, the results of which must be satisfactory to the employer.
CLOSING DATE: June 29, 2018
How to apply:
- To apply for this position, please email your application including competition number, cover letter and detailed resume to Eva.Lechpammer2@novascotia.ca.
- Please ensure that you demonstrate in your cover letter how you meet the above qualifications.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.