Recruitment and Retention Coordinator
Note: Applications must include a resume and a cover letter.
Organization: The New Brunswick Association of Nursing Homes Inc., Fredericton, NB
Division: Membership Services
Term: One-year full-time contract with possibility of renewal
Start Date: July 3rd, 2018
Work Schedule: 7.5 hours per day, Monday to Friday
The New Brunswick Association of Nursing Homes Inc. is currently looking for skilled applicants to fill the following position at its office in Fredericton: Recruitment and Retention Coordinator - bilingual position.
Summary: The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating and implementing initiatives in connection with the NB Association of Nursing Homes Recruitment and Retention Strategy. The candidate will also be responsible for working in collaboration with member homes to support employers and provide guidelines for the recruitment and retention of talent in the sector.
- The responsibilities of the successful candidate include, but are not limited to:
- Working in collaboration with nursing homes members of the NBANH to support the sector's common efforts for the recruitment and retention of qualified employees;
- Coordinating various initiatives related to the branding of the NB nursing home sector;
- Implementing a provincial recruitment and retention campaign on social media while working with partners in the industry;
- Developing a variety of recruitment and promotional tools to support employers in the sector;
- Working with key government and non-government partners to support hiring newcomers;
- Supporting nursing homes by guiding them through available international recruitment processes;
- Supporting and providing tools related to immigration opportunities for member nursing homes;
- Creating partnerships with key education stakeholders to align the needs of the sector with the programs in place;
- Actively building partnerships with educational institutions, professional regulatory bodies and community platforms to support the sector's employers in recruiting and retaining qualified staff in nursing homes;
- Engaging in conversation and creating partnerships with various systems currently in place to increase the opportunity for recruiting and retaining a broader range of potential candidates;
- Identifying job fairs and serving as a communications hub and guide to employers for sharing information on these events in each region;
- Developing a rural-specific recruitment strategy
- Hold a bachelor's degree or college diploma in a relevant field, such as administration, human resources or other field relevant to the job. Experience with staff recruitment and retention is an asset;
- Have great organizational skills;
- Possess excellent communication skills;
- Bilingualism (English and French) is a requirement of the job;
- Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel);
- Good attendance at work;
- Must have a valid driver's licence for occasional travel;
- Customer service and results-based orientation;
- Specific attention to details;
- Excellent planning skills and ability to prioritize work;
- Ability to adapt, be flexible and manage a demanding workload;
- Motivated to learn new skills;
- Ability to work on an individual basis or as a team as needed.
Completed applications for either the position must be submitted to Michelle Pellerin, Administrative Assistant by email at email@example.com no later than June 21st, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those whose applications are retained will be invited to an interview.