The System Administrator position is accountable to provide operational and environment support for the delivery of projects offered by the Technology Services department and Third Party Providers. The core essence of this position is to ensure the availability of the Non Production application and infrastructure systems meet the technical delivery needs of ALC.
- Provide inputs necessary for project planning purposes.
- Works collaboratively across multiple teams to improve technology support services to projects.
- Create and maintain documentation and configuration information for each non-production system as projects are transitioned to production.
- Identify project risks and issues and work with project team to facilitate resolution, discussion and communication among all parties as needed.
- Develop and maintain functional knowledge and technical expertise of systems and 3rd party applications.
- Ensure systems are available and performing satisfactorily, in compliance with defined Service Level Agreements (SLAs). Engaging vendor support teams as required.
- Understands the value of technology in the enterprise's business processes, works with service providers to identify opportunities for innovation, cost reduction and improved efficiencies and reviews service provider solutions working closely with Manager, IT Operations Optimization.
- Provide application and non-production environment support to business users.
- Liaise between service providers (vendors) and ALC Architecture team to ensure solutions proposed are adhering with ALC's project requirements.
- Ensure timely resolution to service requests and escalate as necessary.
- Coordinate resources for environment incident resolution as required.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience with:
- Infrastructure: SAN, Virtualization, firewalls, switches, backup
- Networking concepts and TCP/IP
- Linux and Windows operating systems
- Middleware applications
- Web technologies
- Database technologies
- Experience in IT service delivery, infrastructure operations and application management services.
- Must have theoretical knowledge of Infrastructure Operations methodologies, design and development, and best practices.
- Ability to interact effectively business owners, the Technology team and vendors.
- Strong leadership skills are required in order to plan, implement, and evaluate solutions.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills are required to analyze technical, complex systems and implement optimized solutions to address internal needs.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) are necessary in order to clarify and address program/system requirements effectively with varying degrees of technical expertise and in preparing reports related to project initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree in one of: Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics or equivalent education/experience
Work With Us
We are transforming the gaming industry through responsible, engaging and innovative products. We are looking for IT professionals to join us in this exciting mission. We deliver leading-edge technology solutions and solve complex business problems in a collaborative fast-paced environment.
Join us and be part of a company that cares about employees' health, wellness and development. Working in a team environment, we offer a competitive salary, relevant training and flexible benefits. Feel proud about making our Atlantic region a better place - 100% of our profits stay in the area, supporting social programs and making this a better place to live.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.