Senior Business Analyst
Service New Brunswick
Senior Business Analyst
Pay Band 5
Service New Brunswick (SNB) is seeking individuals with Senior Business Analyst expertise to join the Technology Services Division in the Health Application Services unit to work on health solutions support and delivery.
Reporting to the Manager of Applications, the Senior Business Analyst collaborates with the user community to gather business requirements and conduct workflow analysis, transforming them into functional benefits that will support the design and successful implementation of applications across the organization.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Participate in the planning, building and implementation of systems, upgrades and enhancements
- Accountabe for the maintenance and support of these systems, including troubleshooting and issue resolution
- Ensure systems are configured to meet architectural standards and guidelines
- Assist with functional, integration and user acceptance testing as required
- Act as a resource for team members to plan and assist with daily activities
- Active involvement with project management
- Coordinate and facilitate workshops to understand and develop client business processes, including current and future state analysis and gap definitions. This includes developing workshop materials, agenda and reports, as required
- Work with project teams and business units to analyze business needs, then recommend and develop solutions to address their business challenges
- Identify and document key business drivers
- Analyze and document gaps between requirements and project deliverables. Document the results of the analysis in an appropriate format including business rules and workflow descriptions
- Lead or participate in the development, review and update of project deliverables, including but not limited to:
- Business process diagrams
- Business requirements discovery
- Environmental analysis
- Standard operating procedures / practices
- Functional requirements
- Training strategies
- Work plans
- Business cases
- Be involved in the preparation and review of Request for Proposals
- Work with the enterprise architecture team to ensure that the enterprise architecture is being supported and leveraged
- Work with Project Team Members and business areas to define and document project related benefits, outcomes and measures,contribute to issue, change, and risk management processes
- Participate / lead in the development of testing strategies, test plans, and test cases to ensure smooth transition into training and deployment
- Maintain a strong linkage and collaboration with project managers and other key stakeholders
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: A University Degree, and a minimum of five (5) years of related technology experience. Subject to the response to this competition, an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered, or the required years of experience may be increased.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please state your language capability on your application and ensure that preferred language for assessment is clearly identified.
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to candidates who demonstrate they have training or experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience within the health care sector and/or experience with Meditech application solutions
- Experience in a leadership or supervisory role
- Business Analyst Certifications (such as IIBA-CBAP, PMI-PBA, IQBBA)
- Experience in documenting existing business processes and developing new business processes to support the implementation of new application solutions
- Experience with use case modeling and analysis
- Experience in coordinating and facilitating workshops to elicit requirements
- Experience in the implementation of applications solutions in an operational environment, both technical and business
- Experience in large scale projects in nature which support the vision and strategy of the organisation
- Experience with "Gap Analysis" process used to identify new/changed business requirements in comparison of current and future states
- Experience in documenting traceable requirements that allow for testing, validation and evaluation in meeting the business needs
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
- Travel throughout the province may be required, and you must possess a valid driver's license.
- This position may require limited flexibility in working hours, with occasional weekday evening or weekend work;
- Candidates will be required to undergo Criminal History Clearance prior to appointment;
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidates will possess the following behavioral competencies:
- Analytical Thinking/Judgment
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Client Service Orientation
- Relationship/Network Building
- Results Orientation
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidates will possess the following technical competencies:
- Project Management
- Written Communication
- Specialized Subject Matter Expertise and Knowledge
- Planning and Organizing Skills
- Consulting Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Ability to use Office Technology, Software and Applications
Resumes should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
Salary: $55,120 - $77,012 annually - Pay Band 5 - Management and Non-Union Pay Plan
We encourage applicants to apply online by clicking here indicating competition number 2018-SNB-188. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
THIS COMPETITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL POSITION IS FILLED.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!