Reporting to the Manager, Testing and Release Management, the Release Specialist is responsible for the governance of the Release Management processes. This role oversees the processes and provides leadership and governance to the management of application and system releases in a standardized, planned, and controlled manner. The Release Specialist supports business interests by improving the timing of service delivery, service quality and stability through an effective process to minimize or eliminate rollbacks, breakages and emergency changes resulting from missing or defective functionality.
The Release Specialist is responsible for working with vendors to develop and implement an overall strategy and roadmap for Testing and Release Management that ensures smooth and timely delivery.
Release Management: Work with internal Delivery and Operations teams, as well as external vendors, to define, manage, and monitor releases and deployment windows and schedules for projects; maintenance windows for system enhancements and upgrades; and freeze dates. Facilitate, lead, or participate in release process changes associated with system deployment, including the development of future releases, the allocation of scheduled deployments, and the associated documentation. Ensure proper change and release management for successful production implementations.
Enhancement Management: Responsible for planning, developing, and maintaining enhancement release processes and procedures to predictably support the business and its customers. Required to meet with the business to understand business changes as they relate to the current systems and applications and translate the technical requirements of those changes. Help to identify, create and/or implement processes or products to efficiently manage the release of code.
Business Management: This role must work with the management team to understand business needs, drivers, and direction in order to align initiatives appropriately into releases. They will act as a liaison between IT and the business/user community, by scheduling regular meetings to identify and prioritize business needs.
Testing Coordination: Working very closely with the Testing team, they will coordinate test management activities for releases by working with Testing, Delivery and Operations teams as well as vendors to prepare and manage integrated test plans and schedules. They will develop release documentation and communicate release information of all relevant stakeholders.
- University Degree in Information Technology, Engineering or Business related fields
- Minimum of 5 years proven experience successfully leading multiple projects involving cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated organizational skills to track, monitor, and report release progress
- Proven analytical, issue resolution and negotiation skills
- Detail oriented, multi-tasking with ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands to targeted deadlines
- Release manager role, enhancement manager or related experience an asset
- Strong problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to build and manage strong and effective relationships in an outsourced environment
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively, including planning, organizing, prioritizing and attention to detail
- Great people skills
- Ability to work independently and demonstrated success as a self-starter
- Proven experience in Microsoft Office products (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
Work With Us
We are transforming the gaming industry through responsible, engaging and innovative products. We are looking for IT professionals to join us in this exciting mission. We deliver leading-edge technology solutions and solve complex business problems in a collaborative fast-paced environment.
Join us and be part of a company that cares about employees' health, wellness and development. Working in a team environment, we offer a competitive salary, relevant training and flexible benefits. Feel proud about making our Atlantic region a better place - 100% of our profits stay in the area, supporting social programs and making this a better place to live.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.