Quality Assurance Application Tester
Service New Brunswick
Quality Assurance Application Tester
Pay Band 2
Service New Brunswick is seeking an individual to join the Technology Services Division as Quality Assurance Application Tester in Fredericton.
As a member of the Health Application Services team, you will be responsible for conducting application testing. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- participating in the creation of project test plans and other assigned QA related documents
- reviewing and analyzing system specifications and project documentation for the purpose of designing, building and maintaining test cases, both manual and automated
- utilizing testing software
- executing test cases and providing testing results in preparation for projects releases and upgrades
- reporting and tracking defects to resolution
- participating in the change management reviews and approvals
- adhering to QA procedures and standards
- attending team status meetings and working group meetings as required
- working closely with the Quality Assurance team and Project and Business leads to deliver assigned deliverables and meet project deadlines
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Two (2) year college diploma in an IT related field and two (2) years of testing experience. Subject to the response to this competition, an equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered, or the required years of experience may be increased.
Written and spoken competence in English is required.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please state your language capability on your application and ensure that preferred language for assessment is clearly identified.
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to candidates who demonstrate they have training or experience in one or more of the following areas:
- knowledge of testing software and test automation tools (HP Quality Center - ALM and LoadRunner)
- completion of a Quality Assurance certificate program or a Quality Assurance certification; EX: ISTQB
- professional membership with a recognized Quality Assurance society; EX: SQA
- demonstrated Experience Quality Assurance Frameworks and project methodologies including Waterfall and Agile
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
Candidates will be required to undergo Criminal History Clearance prior to appointment.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioral competencies:
- Analytical Thinking/Judgment
- Client Service Orientation
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Planning and Organizing Skills
- Specialized Subject Matter Expertise and Knowledge
- Written Communication
- Ability to use Microsoft office technology, software and applications
Resumes should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
Salary : $40,170- $56,082 annually - Pay Band 2 - Management and Non-Union Pay Plan
We encourage applicants to apply on-line at www.ere.gnb.ca or by email at HR-RH@snb.ca indicating competition number 2018-SNB-263. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level within the same work location.
THIS COMPETITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL POSITION IS FILLED.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!