Didactic Instructor - Radiological Technology (Permanent Full Time), Saint John School of Radiological Technology
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-32738 External
BARGAINING UNIT: Medical Science Professionals
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: Saint John School of Radiological Technology
FACILITY: Saint John Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: Didactic Instructor - Radiological Technology
CLASSIFICATION: Medical Radiation Technologist Instructor (CL004)
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Days, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $26.85 to $33.67 per hour
The Didactic Instructor - Radiological Technology is responsible for providing classroom and laboratory instruction.
- Bachelor of Health Science or a related field with specialized training in Radiological Technology. Must have, or be willing to acquire, an Adult Education certificate. Must be registered with the New Brunswick Association of Medical Radiation Technologists and certified in the discipline of radiology. Must have three years of clinical experience.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English required
The Didactic Instructor - Radiological Technology is responsible for:
- Developing and revising curriculum including learning and assessment tools
- Providing classroom and laboratory instruction
- Verifying learning objectives have been met through development and grading of formative and summative evaluations
- Maintaining thorough and complete workplace documentation
- Liaising with clinical instructors to ensure correlation of the didactic and clinical components of the training program
- Addressing student issues and concerns appropriately through effective academic and personal counselling
- Participating in student recruitment and selection activities
- Performing the work of a Medical Radiation Technologist
Competencies identified by the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists:
- Effective Oral & Written Communication
- Critical Thinking
- Conflict Management
- Engage in Reflective Practice
- Provide Constructive Feedback
Competencies identified by Horizon Health Network:
- Attention to Detail
- Engage Others
- Interpersonal Relations
- Planning and Prioritizing Work
- Presenting Information
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by June 20, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018-32738-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.