Data Centre Operations Manager
Together with ABM, we are currently recruiting for a Data Centre Operations Manager to join their team in Dartmouth, NS.
The Data Center Operations Manager is responsible for data center operations, level 3 NOC management and day to day data center services for clients - both internal and external. Including onboarding, customer service, customer support, application level preventative maintenance and management of level 3 support and consulting employees. The infrastructure team will be responsible for maintaining core infrastructure and developing and deploying managed service offerings - once deployed the operations manager will be responsible for managing the client delivery and service. The Data Center Operations Manager will be responsible for managing sophisticated managed services environments as well as all levels of hosted enterprise applications.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information science, or management information systems, and 3 years related work experience.
- Completion of relevant industry certifications is considered an asset.
- At least 5-10 years of direct experience in a systems support/administrator role supporting highly-available Exchange environments.
- Expertise with Microsoft Exchange Server 2007/2010/2013, BES 5 & BES 10, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012, Active Directory, Windows clients, and Mobile device technologies
- Extensive experience with core software and database applications including Exchange 2010/2013, MS SQL, and Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Windows PowerShell Scripting (in particular commands needed to manage Exchange features, roles, mailboxes, performance and troubleshooting) is a must.
- Experience with trouble shooting & resolving complex technical problems, writes reports and creates documentation processes and procedures is required.
- Experience with open source platforms such as Linux and an advanced understanding of IT networking standards are considered strong assets in this role.
- Working knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards.
- Highly developed effective teamwork skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Ability to adapt to and learn new software quickly.
To express interest in this opportunity, please apply online
For more information contact Jamie Grant, Partner at 902-420-1809 or Brooke Ireland, Consultant at 902-421-1214.
Meridia, a Knightsbridge Robertson Surrette company, is Atlantic Canada's leading recruitment and human resource firm that is focused on providing high quality, fast turnaround contingency recruitment for intermediate to senior professional/technical positions.