Senior Product Manager, Strategic Pricing
Bell Aliant in Saint John, NB
Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company's vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada's leading communications company, we're committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees. If you're passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Bell Business Markets provides a vast array of communications solutions for small, medium, and large organizations. These include managed data and network solutions, cloud computing, conferencing, Web, security solutions and integrated information and communications technology (ICT) services.
Ready for a challenge?
The Senior Product Manager in Strategic Pricing will be directly accountable to drive winning pricing for Connectivity services, with a particular focus in BBM's Mid Market accounts. You will be required to provide insights and analysis on market prices and be able to influence senior management on the winning pricing strategy. As an integral member of the extended sales team, but with a marketing accountability, you will play a critical role in managing the right balance between winning new business and protecting the bottom line. To achieve this, you will be required to leverage strong financial management and analytical skills as well as excellent communication and strategic problems solving skills. The selected candidate must work well independently, but also have the ability to build strong internal relationships in order to influence cross-functional teams.
- Perform detailed market pricing and financial analysis for Connectivity opportunities for Atlantic Data/Voice Connectivity services
- Be accountable to recommend and influence pricing strategy for both simple and complex opportunities
- Provide pricing approvals within authorization guidelines, and seek senior leadership approval as needed
- Assist sales with appropriate product positioning and value proposition messaging for customer proposals
- Influence and support channel specific pricing strategies and marketing programs
- Participate in formal customer request for quote, request for proposal or request for information responses
- Provide market guidance to product on service development priorities
- Manage the marketing opportunity funnel, tracking wins and losses while ensuring pricing governance is maintained
- Gather and communicate competitive research and threats as witnessed in the market
- Deliver sales training and support on pricing processes as needed
- Meet or exceed metrics for response time and win rate
Scope of Job:
- Lead and manage Aliant Atlantic account base
- pricing for connectivity services in the
- Generate future growth by identifying vertical opportunities concretely related to our customers' business needs
- Increase the volume and profitability of sales by helping to position the value, easing processes and providing marketing support to BBM account teams
- Assist the channel to leverage existing price promotions to stimulate growth in IP/BB solutions while maintaining healthy profit margins and cash flows across the account base
- Act as an interface to product development on potential service enhancements in the market base on sales insights
- Provide leadership in pricing strategy to best gauge the appropriate response for given opportunities in your base
- Ensure proper tracking and governance of all Connectivity opportunities
Skills and Competencies:
- Very strong analytical and financial analysis skills with an ability to synthesize large amounts of data
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Leadership skills, ability to build and foster virtual teams
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills, ability to influence senior management decisions
- Strategic thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Prior knowledge and understanding of Bell's Connectivity services portfolio an asset
Level of experience required:
- Experience in engaging senior level management team members
- 5+ years business and/or telecom experience
- University degree in business, technology or related field
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Management
Job Location: Canada : New Brunswick : Florenceville-Bristol || Canada : New Brunswick : Fredericton || Canada : New Brunswick : Moncton || Canada : New Brunswick : Saint John || Canada : Newfoundland : St. John's || Canada : Nova Scotia : Dartmouth || Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Prince Edward Island : Charlottetown
Application Deadline: 06/22/2018
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Created: Canada , NB , Fredericton