Scheduling Clerk 1007 (Permanent Full Time), DECH CENTRALIZED BOOKING
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-33089 External
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
DEPARTMENT: DECH CENTRALIZED BOOKING
FACILITY: Dr. Everett Chalmers Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: Scheduling Clerk 1007
CLASSIFICATION: Admission/Registration/Scheduling Clerk (1007)
LANGUAGE: English Essential with requirements to handle verbal French inquiries
HOURS OF WORK: Days, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $19.8331 to $21.3484 per hour
The Scheduling Clerk is responsible for the coordination, scheduling and notification of patient appointments.
- High school graduation plus an additional program/course(s) of up to six months OR five (5) years of recent experience (within the last 8 years) as a 1007, shall be considered as equivalent.
- Demonstrated proficiency, verified by testing, may be required in some or all of the following areas: Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel ,typing and medical terminology, at beginner level.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English and spoken competence in French required.
The Scheduling Clerk is responsible for:
- Scheduling appointments for tests, procedures and clinical consultations
- Communicating with physicians' offices, departments and patients
- Data entry and data updating in the Clinical Information system
- Responding to inquiries and providing of information related to appointments
- General clerical duties related to scheduling processes
Competencies identified by Horizon Health Network:
- Attention to Detail
- Information Gathering
- Interpersonal Relations
- Patient/Client Focus
- Results Orientation
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by June 3, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018-33089-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.