Regional Payroll Manager
Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: Management and Non Bargaining
ZONE: Vitalité Health Network - to be determined
FACILITY: Vitalité Health Network - to be determined
CLASSIFICATION: Regional Payroll Manager
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8 hour day shifts - Monday to Friday
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Under the responsibility of the Chief Financial Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for all duties related to the payroll process. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the employees and operations in the sector, including the following: Planning, developing, and implementing best practices; designing internal controls and policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and control of all processes; implementing and maintaining uniform processes across the Network; supervising activities related to production of the fiscal year-end report. The successful candidate will manage employees physically working in other zones and will plan, organize, and direct payroll processes to ensure that all Network employees are remunerated every two weeks. The duties of the position will involve travel within the Network's territory to support employees and managers. Various mandates may be assigned to the position based on the operational needs of financial services.
- Bachelor of Business Administration with a concentration in accounting;
- Professional accounting designation (CPA) would be an asset;
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant experience in financial accounting;
- Experience in supervising/managing staff and strong coaching skills;
- Proven knowledge and experience in the development and implementation of best practices;
- Knowledge/understanding of collective agreements;
- Demonstrated transformational leadership ability;
- Ability to set priorities and meet objectives;
- Ability to manage numerous projects and tasks simultaneously; understanding of the organization's needs and priorities;
- Analytical and writing skills and ability to see the "big picture";
- Good knowledge of, and skills with, Microsoft Office;
- Availability to travel within the Network's territory;
- Ability to solve complex problems;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
NOTE: Salary according to provincial scale for management staff.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment